September 15, 2020
2nd Shift Line Lead
Share/print this jobapply now
Job Description: 2nd Shift Line Lead
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods, Inc. (NYSE: BGS) and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With our diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including B&G, B&M, Back to Nature, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Pirate’s Booty, Polaner, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and our brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: This position is located in our Yadkinville, NC Facility. This position's schedule consists of 2nd shift: 3pm-11pm.
We are looking to recruit a responsible leader to ensure that the quality and quantity of packaged goods follows company standards.
- Verifies item numbers on materials being brought to line.
- Reads and tracks production schedules; provides recommendations for changes.
- Completes line production and quality paperwork & audits.
- Identifies over usage of materials and assists in reduction of waste ingredient materials.
- Demonstrates set up and operational knowledge of all line related equipment.
- Ensures line run line equipment settings and run rates are being followed.
- Promotes safe work behaviors in other employees and acts as safety team leader.
- Provides assistance and direction to line employees to maximize labor utilization.
- Assists the Supervisor with staffing and training needs of crew members.
- Supports Supervisor with execution of their job duties.
- Communicates with Supervisor and other Line Leads during shift operations and shift changeovers.
- Notifies Supervisor of all down times efficiencies & case counts for the shift.
- Adheres to all Safety & GMP Procedures
- Performs additional functions as assigned
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Experience within a Leadership Role is Preferred
- Food/Baking Experience Preferred
- Effective Communication Skills
- Demonstrated Organizational Skills
- Good Math Skills
- Reading/Comprehension Abilities
- Demonstrated Leadership Capabilities
- Ability to Work In Group Setting or Individually
- Ability to Identify Problems and Respond Accordingly
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see