September 10, 2020
Corporate Cost Accounting Leader
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
The Corporate Cost Accounting, Senior Manager/Manager for B&G Foods will report directly to the Corporate Operations, Controller. This person will support the Corporate Operations, Controller by managing activities related to the corporate accounting close process including coordinating and overseeing the accounting close for 11 manufacturing facilities. Duties will include detailed review of monthly journal entries, detailed analysis and reconciliation of accounts, preparation and maintenance of SOX documentation, and adhoc analysis.
- Manage corporate month end accounting close activities for COGS/Inventory including coordination of plant closing activities.
- Review monthly journal entries related to inventory.
- Analyze and reconcile all accounts related to inventory.
- Prepare and maintain business process documentation, including SOX.
- Support and assist financial reporting, including audit schedules and requests.
- Generate and distribute month end system and inventory reports.
- Perform analysis on cost drivers.
- Manage loading of new standards to the ERP system in support of budgeting process and new item introductions.
- Support set ups in ERP system for products, customers, and vendors.
- Participation in and direction of special projects for the department and business as needed.
- Maintain historical cost information.
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, specifically managing inventory/costing activities in production/standard cost environment.
- Big 4 experience and/or CPA preferred.
- Strong knowledge of cost accounting in accordance with US GAAP.
- Solid analysis, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills. Excellent attention to detail and follow-through skills.
- System savvy with ERP systems.
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting.
- Excellent relationship building and alignment skills.
- Works effectively with people that have different views.
- Displays a sense of urgency.
- Shows a strong sense of purpose.
- Persistent in efforts.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.