September 02, 2020
Regional Sales Manager, Southeast
Share/print this jobapply now
With its headquarters based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Clabber Girl, Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: The Regional Sales Manager’s purpose is to drive sales in a direct selling and/or broker capacity through fact based selling and form productive customer relationships for medium/large accounts. *Candidates in the Southeast are preferred. North Carolina is highly preferred.*
· Effectively conduct direct selling functions at retailer/distributor/wholesaler HQ level to drive company sales.
· Directly manage assigned brokers to execute company initiatives that deliver desired results.
· Ensure broker resources are suitable to deliver company objectives and conduct consistent broker reviews that provide areas of strength and constructive feedback.
· Coordinate and attend all key account meetings and reviews in the company’s interest.
· Maintain corporate mandated profit contribution levels through effective management of assigned spending budgets.
· Effectively utilize syndicated data to identify opportunities and provide management with post analysis results.
Interface with Marketing and Sales Management to identify opportunities and develop regional initiatives.
Experience, Skills, Education:
· Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Business, Economics, Marketing, or Finance
· Experience: Typically 8-10 years of field sales experience required
· Thorough understanding of retail/grocery
· Experience working with regional grocery chains
· Expertise in broker management and motivational techniques
· Knowledge of national account policies, strategies, operating procedures
· Technology and grasp to evaluate sales performance levels, profitability, etc.
· Complete understanding of syndicated data information sources, i.e. AC Nielsen
· Ability to travel 25-50% nationally
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.