August 31, 2020
Master Data Specialist
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: The Master Data Specialist role is responsible for the execution of processes and maintenance of various Master Data Management elements to ensure accurate data creation and working with business in ensuring proper business validation takes place. This position is a focal point for data maintenance and requires collaboration with cross functional departments to develop master data business rules and processes that support operational efficiency throughout the organization.
- Coordinate Supply Chain & Order to Cash Master Data setup and validations with applicable cross functional departments ensuring data quality and integrity is maintained.
- Create and maintain Customer Master Data Domain records, including but not limited to Address Book, Customer Hierarchies, Sales Pricing and Broker Commissions within JD Edwards Enterprise.
- Coordinate Material Master Data creation setup and maintenance with validation with applicable cross functional departments ensuring data quality and integrity is maintained.
- Create and maintain Supplier Master Data Domain records, including but not limited to Address Book, Carriers and Employees within JD Edwards Enterprise.
- Responsible for the execution of processes and maintenance of various Master Data Management elements to ensure accurate data creation
- Assist in analyzing existing MDM Core Master data related information to find missing data and correct inconsistencies to drive accurate reporting of corporate metrics
- Execute changes to JDE Master Data ( Material, Customer, Suppliers, Hierarchies, Pricing ) as approved by the business to create, change, delete, extend or otherwise noted.
- Assist in developing, writing, and training on item related business processes to ensure data quality and consistency
- Assist in defining and implementing Master Data processes and SOPs to ensure data quality and integrity.
- Assist in configuring & testing change requests affecting master data in the development & Quality Assurance systems.
- Work with other departments and/or teams to coordinate Master Data Management requirements to ensure data consistency and integrity
- Support Master Data Management governance initiatives
- Assist with system implementations, Acquisitions, Divestitures, and upgrades in areas relating to MDM owned Master Data domains.
- Serve as back-up for all MDM core Master Data domains.
- Assist team lead to Identify, develop, and audit major system changes as needed.
- Assist with the facilitation and execution of business process improvements through effective project management skills.
- Assist with various Master Data Management improvement projects as directed by the Master Data Supervisor.
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2-3 years of relevant Master Data Management experience required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Previous experience with an ERP system required, preferably in JD Edwards
- Must have a strong attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must possess analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a time sensitive and fast paced environment
- The ability to read and comprehend engineering documents
- Strong understanding of database structures
- AA/AS in business/accounting/computer science or equivalent work experience, BA/BS in related field preferable
- 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing/fabrication environment preferable
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.