September 07, 2020
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Candidates must have a three (3) year min. maintenance background in a manufacturing environment and:
Knowledge of machines & tools, including their designs, uses & repair
- Ability to read & understand information and ideas presented in writing
- Ability to weld (prefer MIG, TIG, ARC & Oxy/acetylene) and SS fabrication
- Knowledge of 3 phase electrical systems and distribution
- Knowledge of power transmission & pneumatic systems
- Knowledge of mechanical systems to include chain & gear drives, gear boxes, pneumatics & hydraulics
- Knowledge of all aspects of mechanical & electrical safety
- Willingness to work overtime, weekends & respond to emergency calls during the off shifts
A plus if:
- Possess skills in troubleshooting power & control circuits, as well as AC, DC & servo- meters
- Skilled in installing & programming VFD’s, PLC’s and process instrumentation
- Ability to use computer, digital multi-meter, megger, loop calibrator, amp probe & circuit tracer
- Ability to read electrical schematics, incl. ladder logic
- Responsible to ensure food safety/quality polices are followed, to report all food safety/quality problems out of his/her realm of responsibility to personnel with the authority to initiate action.
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices
- Work safe and report all unsafe working conditions and/or unsafe acts to supervisor immediately.
- Responsible to make sure a good safe wholesome product is produced safely.
- All other duties as required.
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Manufacturing experience
- Forklift and aerial lift experience
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see