August 18, 2020
Accounts Receivable Analyst
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: The Accounts Receivable Analyst’s main objectives are to perform various daily, weekend, & month-end department duties: cash application, daily cash reporting, meeting crucial timing deadlines, and all accounts receivable requirements. In addition, the Accounts Receivable Analyst will also provide support in trade collection activities, deductions processing, and special projects related to acquisitions and procedural enhancements as needed.
- Follow established procedures for processing cash and balancing AR daily.
- Prepare bank deposits and post to respective GL’s accordingly.
- Investigate and resolve customer queries.
- Process adjustments and all refunds impacting customer aging.
- Follow up on collection and allocation of payments for all short pays and unapplied cash.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
- Carry out reporting activities according to specific deadlines.
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files and communicate with all parties concerned to retain a clean aging.
- Special assignments as required.
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required
- Minimum 3 years of data entry experience, including cash application, with a high degree of accuracy and speed.
- Related Credit and Accounts Receivable experience.
- Experience using ERP System - Oracle JD Edwards Enterprise One preferred
- Extensive Knowledge of Microsoft(Word, Excel, Power point)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with external and internal customers.
- Detail oriented and organized, with the ability to problem solve customer payments.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.