September 08, 2020
Industrial Blending Room/ Process Cook
Share/print this jobapply now
Job Description: Industrial Blending Room/ Process Cook
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: We are looking for a skilled Industrial Blending Room/Process Cook that will be responsible for safely and accurately combining all ingredients previously prepared to make a work in progress.
- Shift: 5am-3:30pm, Monday – Thursday
- Conducts process checks appropriate to the product and equipment in use (e.g. Cook temperature, Cook Time and brix)
- Laboratory determinations including, Brix, pH, TA, Color, Viscosity.
- Responsible for monitoring and documentation of CCPs according to the HACCP plan
- Responsible for reporting and issues regarding raw materials used for batching.
- Complies with all applicable Safety and OSHA standards
- Complies with all applicable standards such as USDA, FDA, relevant CFRs, GFSI, and other applicable customer requirements.
- Adheres to HACCP, Allergen Control Program, GMPs, product specifications, and other QA plans and required process control procedures to insure processes, work in progress, raw materials and finished goods meet the specified quality and standards.
- Adheres to company policies and assures batches meet customer specifications.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Must have 2-3 years of Food Processing experience in Manufacturing
- Understanding of Safety requirements, production and plant processes
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow recipes
- Strong working knowledge of food preparation techniques, cooking methods, and safety and sanitation practices
- Analytical and numerical skills: ability to perform mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply, divide) in different units of measurements.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment, to bend, and to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Willingness to work overtime if necessary
- Strong and efficient work ethic, detail-oriented
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see