August 21, 2020
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: Manages the maintenance functions required to support and improve the operations of the Hurlock Manufacturing site. Partners with Engineering to support capital processes.
- Manages all areas of reliability engineering so that the facility provides maximum availability.
- Utilizes problem solving and analytical skills to support the maintenance staff and provide engineering support for capital improvements.
- Coordinates activities with other departments and business units to ensure continuity of operations.
- Develops maintenance operational budgets according to plan.
- Utilizes interpersonal skills to facilitate team processes among the members of the work unit.
- Provides leadership and direction to the maintenance work unit to ensure maximum efficiencies and ongoing development of the Preventive Maintenance program.
- Develops and implements safety and sanitation policies to ensure compliance with all applicable government regulations and company policies.
- Develops and implements plans to control or reduce departmental costs and to increase efficiencies by utilizing established methodology to improve production processes.
- Provides training and development for direct reports to meet business and personnel objectives and goals.
- Active participant on the plant manager’s staff supporting daily operations.
- Maintain the overall facility to be compliant to internal and external regulatory agencies.
- Become active member of plant Safety Committee.
- Responsible to make sure a good safe wholesome product is produced safely.
- Enforce and follow all Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Report all unsafe acts and unsafe working conditions to appropriate manager assuring resolution.
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- 10 years experience in manufacturing environment with 3-5 years management
- Functional experience in use of Autocad, Inventor, or Solid Works
- Functional experience in use of Rockwell Automation software and control products
- Functional experience in use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Project
- Knowledge of database structure is a plus
- Working knowledge of JD Edwards a plus
- SQF Practitioner or obtain within 6-9 months
- Excellent oral & written communication skills and analytical & numerical aptitude skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Team Process Skills
- Ability to report all food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action
.Physical, Sensory & Mental/Reasoning:
- Some travel may be required for project research, training, etc.
- Ability to communicate via speaking, listening and visual means.
- Ability to give verbal direction and negotiate. Ability to use visual means to convey drawings and specifications of work task.
- Ability to use analytical skills to determine the correct course of action.
- Ability to leverage math skills to reduce risk and manage budget accuracies.
- Ability to manage several projects at the same time.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see