July 24, 2020
Lead Maintenance Mechanic
Share/print this jobapply now
Job Description: Lead Maintenance Mechanic
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: Perform major mechanical repairs with minimal supervision to ensure proper performance of equipment on site. Coordinating with other mechanics on duty with repairs and ensuring all assigned work is competed on shift. Communicating with supervision on daily activities as well as previous and on coming shift maintenance personnel.
- 2nd Shift: 12pm-8:30pm, Monday – Friday
- Aids in execution of the maintenance schedule, work along with the Manager to prioritize and delegate workload for the mechanics.
- Conscious of daily production schedule and reports.
- Assigns and check the progress of mechanics work orders.
- Must be able to perform minor and major repairs on all types of equipment, including but not limited to, packing/filling machines, Conveyors, Label machines, power operated equipment as well as hand tools.
- Observes safety regulations, wears all required safety equipment, encourage safe working practices, correct obvious hazards immediately or reports them to supervisors/manager.
- Complies with all applicable standards such as FDA, EPA, DOB, GFSI, and other applicable customer requirements.
- Adheres to the Premise and Equipment Program.
- Adheres to the Master Preventative Schedule.
- Enforces company policies to include GMP’s, LOTO, Machine Guarding, Electrical safety and more as directed by OSHA and B&G foods.
- Reports any food safety or quality issues to the SQ Practitioner, QA group or any other member of the food safety team.
Experience, Skills, Education:
- 3 to 5 Years’ Mechanical Experience in Food Manufacturing Environment.
- Experience in troubleshooting with some electrical knowledge.
- Commitment to company goals and employee safety
- Effective communicator – verbal, written and electronic
- Understanding of production and plant processes
- Willingness to work overtime if necessary
- Flexible, organized, and able to accurately work under time constraints and deadlines
- Ability to communicate and deal effectively with team members at all organizational levels
- Ability to give and welcome feedback and contribute to building a positive team
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see