July 23, 2020
Share/print this jobapply now
Job Description: Machine Operator
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: We are looking for a skilled Machine Operator to set up, maintain and operate machinery.
- Shift: 7am-5:30pm, Monday – Thursday
- Complies with all applicable standards such as USDA, FDA, relevant CFRs, GFSI, and other applicable customer requirements.
- Adheres to HACCP, Allergen Control Program, GMPs, product specifications, and other QA plans and required process control procedures to insure processes, work in progress, raw materials and finished goods meet the specified quality and standards.
- Helps drive quality improvements.
- Adheres to company policies and assures customer needs are met.
- Sets up production equipment as per specification.
- Conducts process checks appropriate to the product and equipment in use (e.g. Fill temperature, closure evaluation, net weight, label verification).
- Responsible for monitoring and documentation of CCPs according to the HACCP plan.
- Records downtime events on the appropriate forms.
- Responsible for production equipment set up prior starting of shift, responsible for reporting any equipment issues to maintenance or supervision.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Follow and adhere to all GMP & Safety rules.
- Operate Forklift, and Pallet Jack
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Previous Machine Operating experience in a manufacturing facility, or similar relevant experience.
- Understanding of production and plant processes
- Analytical and numerical skills: ability to perform mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply, divide) in different units of measurements.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment, to bend, and to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Willingness to work overtime if necessary
- Strong and efficient work ethic, detail-oriented
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see