July 17, 2020
Regional Sales Manager- Club Channel
Share/print this jobapply now
With its headquarters based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods, Inc. (NYSE: BGS) and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With our diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including B&G, B&M, Back to Nature, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and our brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Drive sales and deliver profitability targets in a direct selling capacity through fact based selling and forming productive customer relationships for the Club Channel. In addition to selling, role requires product development interface with marketing, sales planning, trade planning & supply chain. This role will be responsible for 4-5 Costco Regions (potential for BJ's). Candidates ideally should live locally to one of these areas: Chicago, Dallas, Washington DC, Atlanta, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Seattle.
- Responsible for selling products directly to Club retailers (Costco, with potentially BJ’s) to deliver targeted goals and objectives.
- Form productive relationships with buying teams, using fact based selling, timely response, and strong communication techniques (verbal and written).
- Collaborate with customers buying teams and internal teams on sales forecasting and resolution of customer service issues.
- Interface with marketing, sales planning, and sales leadership to identify opportunities and develop regional initiatives, using available market competitive analysis, buyer feedback, syndicated data (and post analysis rotational and promotional results).
- Contributor to product innovation plans for Club.
- Achieve targeted profit contribution levels through effective management of assigned spending budgets.
- Develop recommendations for displays and other promotional activities to effectively optimize sales growth, using available POS, syndicated and consumer insights data.
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Typically 8-10 years of field sales experience required. direct sales experience with Costco and/or BJ's preferred
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal, direct and indirect)
- Demonstrated analytical skills to understand trends and make recommendations
- Must have a good understanding of syndicated data information sources ie., AC Nielsen or IRI
- Solid financial foundation; Will be developing plans that deliver on profitability expectations and managing trade budget
- Ability to effectively negotiate on behalf of B&G Foods, Inc.
- Ability to develop, implement, and measure sales generating programs
- Ability to travel 25-50% nationally
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency required
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.