September 17, 2020
QA Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: This position will be responsible for supervising employees and activities involved in ensuring the safe production of a wide range of products in compliance with company, customer and government requirements that meet required quality specifications.
· Supervise activities including, but not limited to, scheduling, performance, hiring, discipline, coaching, training and development and termination recommendations.
· Facilitate transitions between shifts and seamless handoffs and communicate key information to peers, team members and Production Management.
· Maintain a safe work environment at all times by having safe work instructions, practices, and procedures in place for all positions and ensuring that employees are trained to understand and comply with those procedures. Apply corrective action consistently when required. Report all unsafe acts and unsafe working conditions immediately to Management.
· Continuously monitor plant operations to ensure compliance with all quality and food safety programs through regular adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), performance of sanitation audits, food safety checks (HACCP), and product quality checks conducted according to organization policies. Actively participate in prevention and correction of quality-related errors.
· Participate in continuous improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities and recommending changes within own area of responsibility.
· Prepare a variety of routine and special reports that document testing activities, test results, and operational issues involving product quality and safety such as swab tests, finished product tests, and HACCP audits.
· Assist with the administration of the product recall program and disposition of returned product.
· Utilize SPC and other statistical tools to improve areas within the QA function. Produce and distribute reports analyzing QA, Food Safety and Microbiological data and trends of raw materials and finished products. Provide recommendations to management where unacceptable QA or Food Safety results have been identified.
· Act as plant representative to FDA personnel as needed.
· Ensure food safety/quality polices are followed, to report all food safety/quality problems out of his/her realm of responsibility to personnel with the authority to initiate action.
· Responsible to make sure a good safe wholesome product is produced safely
· Perform other duties as assigned
Experience, Skills, Education:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry or related field
· SQF, HACCP and PCQI Certified
· Attended Better Processing Control School (preferred)
· Computer skilled including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
· 3 – 5 years leadership, lab and audit experience
· Possess planning, organizing and coordinating skills
· Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills
· Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
· Able to work in conditions, which include multiple, and sometimes conflicting priorities, extended work schedules, and specific time constraints
· Interact well with other employees, be able to work in food manufacturing facility and adhere to all Good Manufacturing Practices
· Able to work in plant environment with standing/walking 80% of shift.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see