June 25, 2020
Share/print this jobapply now
Job Description: ORDER PICKER
Hours: 3:30 p.m. to 12 a.m.
About B&G Foods, Inc.
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
- Picks finished product from storage racks for customer orders accurately, efficiently and with due concern for product quality and condition.
- Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by reading and following Company and OSHA safety regulations, including, but not limited to the use of personal protection equipment and observing lock-out tag-out procedures, etc.
- Performs various functions within the pick module; this includes, but is not limited to, moves product from pick slot to pallet or conveyor; sends orders down conveyor to be wrapped; watch for and remove jams on the conveyor; moves product from conveyor lanes to pallet or box, removes empty pallets from pick slots, prepares boxes for shipping, and returns overages to the correct location, etc.
- Prepares order for shipment by palletizing and wrapping or boxing product, prints and attaches labels on completed orders; places packing slip and prebills, and other required documentation on order when needed.
- Operates material handling equipment safely and efficiently to minimize risk to personnel and damage to inventory and equipment; charges and changes batteries; performs a forklift check-off at the beginning of each shift and a visual safety check on equipment before operating; informs supervisor of any mechanical or safety issues.
- Performs correct, accurate, and timely inventory and or product transactions to reflect material movement and inventory status using a computer and or RF device.
- Keeps work area clean and removes waste and product off floor and locations; removes shrink-wrap and cardboard from pallets in pick locations prior to picking; places materials in proper locations.
- Assists with the training of current and new Order Pickers, as directed.
· Builds and assembles pre-packs and pallet displays according to instructions.
- Performs case counts on completed customer orders, as directed.
- Assists supervisor with inventory functions, when directed; reports inventory discrepancies to supervisor or auditor immediately.
- Places damaged and partial cases of product in designated location to be recouped.
- Completes necessary paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned – not an essential function.
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Skill in operating material moving equipment in a safe and conscientious manner.
- Performs basic math operations (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work as a productive member of a team.
- Ability to work at a rapid pace for continuous periods of time.
· Ability to organize and work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to deal effectively with persons representing widely divergent backgrounds, interests, and points of view.
- Communicates effectively with plant personnel in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Must possess basic computer keyboarding skills
- Possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Onsite training specific to job responsibilities.
- Must obtain forklift and Order Picker certification.
- Pass an Order Picker Qualification Checklist (deadline to be established by company.)
- Demonstrates efficient order picking skills on a regular basis.
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing work tasks efficiently and safely. Demonstrates responsible behavior and attention to detail.
- Responds appropriately to supervision.
- Aligns behavior with needs, priorities, and goals of the department and company.
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- Actively participates in resolving order picking issues or problems.
- Employees are expected to work at other work centers where job qualifications allow.
- Demonstrates a commitment to high quality standards of workmanship.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see