June 01, 2020
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
This position will provide team and technical leadership in food manufacturing activities in coordination with the safety, quality, production control and new products of the plant. Also, to ensure the safe and cost effective manufacturing of B&G Foods products to meet the expectations of our customers and consumers.
· Monitor product quality during production while meeting/exceeding standards.
· Manage and evaluate operations supervision and operations support personnel.
· Responsible for coaching and development of supervision in the operations group.
· Follow all plant, safety and GMP guidelines, addressing any deviation when it occurs.
· Assure meetings are held with supervisors and employees to review GMP and safety policies and to ensure that rules are being followed and enforced.
· Conduct daily scheduling meetings to ensure proper planning.
· Handle all operations (which also includes buildings/grounds/tankyard) and warehousing issues and review and approve performance appraisals for same. Ensure not to exceed annual salary increase percentage for year.
· Be an active leader on the floor for all employees.
· Assume direct management leadership role during absence of Plant Manager – serve as senior plant leader.
· Maintain and understand plant/department budgets on a daily basis. Assist with annual preparation and review of plant budget.
· Be actively involved with all Human Resource and Operations/Warehousing employee issues – leader and decision maker.
· Assist in preparation for monthly financial review with Corporate leadership.
· Oversee all departments on a daily basis, watching for potential issues and avoiding obstacles – be proactive.
· Oversee daily EHS programs, ensuring all policies and procedures are followed.
· Handle all regulatory visits in the absence of the Plant Manager – assist Plant Manager when present.
· Complete all special orders within the designated time limit for shipping/sales needs.
· Work with maintenance and operations to ensure compliance with all State and Federal environmental regulations.
· Maintain production areas in a clean and organized manner directing supervisors in areas of importance and priority.
· Maintain the overall facility to be compliant to internal and external regulatory agencies.
· Become active member of plant Safety Committee.
· Ensure decisions are made pertaining to SOP’s not being followed and what course of action should be taken.
· Supply lines with back-up work for down time periods during operations.
· Recommend specific product orders scheduled to minimize downtime due to changeovers.
- · Coordinate increases or decreases in scheduling with various departments and to take corrective action to meet requirements necessary to meet supply demands.
- · Participate in developing and implementing long term culture of plant improvement in all areas
- Responsible to ensure food safety/quality polices are followed, to report all food safety/quality problems out of his/her realm of responsibility to personnel with the authority to initiate action.
- Responsible to make sure a good safe wholesome product is produced safely.
- Enforce and follow all Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Report all unsafe acts and unsafe working conditions to appropriate manager. Assure resolution.
- All other duties as required.
Experience, Skills, Education:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Engineering, Food Science or related field.
· Possess a minimum of seven to ten years experience in Management in a food-manufacturing environment.
· Direct supervision in obtaining maximum efficiency for personnel and production lines.
· Possess an understanding and knowledge of product line capabilities – all machinery for each line, processing systems, employee experience for various positions.
· Have experience in all aspects of product quality, including problems involving processing and finished goods.
· Possess strong computer literacy skills.
· Possess strong leadership and communication skills.
· Ability to work and communicate with upper management and other departments to achieve product supply for inventory and consumer needs.
· Ability to lead plant in Continuous Improvement activities and functions, including TPM.
· Possess knowledge of applicable OSHA standards.
· SQF knowledgeable.
- Plant and office environment
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be flexible to work hours outside of regular schedule as needed
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see