July 23, 2020
Share/print this jobapply now
Job Description: MILLER/BLENDER
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods, Inc. (NYSE: BGS) and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With our diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including B&G, B&M, Back to Nature, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and our brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
- Process materials to meet daily production schedule in the most efficient manner.
- Check materials and mill room operations continuously for adherence to quality standards including, but not limited to the following: specified components, correct product, lot numbers, bulk index, visual appearance and granulation.
- Provide product samples to Technical Services.
- Perform necessary production and inventory transactions to accurately reflect material movement and inventory status.
- Perform job safely and maintain sanitary conditions in the Processing Department.
- Operate material handling equipment safely and efficiently, to minimize risk to personnel and damage to inventory and equipment.
- Perform routine battery changes on forklifts.
- Assist in the training of new Processing Department personnel.
- Perform accurate, timely record keeping functions, including downtime and production recording.
- Communicate effectively with all personnel to maintain efficient operations.
- Follow established procedures and provide input for continuous improvement.
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Must possess or qualify for a forklift license.
- Must be able to learn PCR Software System.
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain manual logs and hand written documentation.
- Must qualify as a Material Handler.
- Must qualify as a Processing Porter.
- Must qualify on the following machines:
- Pepper and spice cleaners
- All blenders
- All sifters
- Cleaning equipment
- Ocrim mill
- All cyro mills
- Accurately demonstrate ability to sample test any product being processed.
After six weeks training program qualification will be determined by an oral questionnaire and written test on the above items.
A candidate will successful perform the duties of a Miller/Blender at an Apprentice level for no less than 6 months, at which time they will be considered Journeyman.
Responsible for reporting any and all food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
Responsible for following cGMP’s.
Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and good housekeeping.
Ensure all food safety and quality records are completed accurately and timely.
Follow all appropriate equipment cleaning procedures.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This position is in a manufacturing plant environment, works around moving mechanical parts, is exposed to airborne particles, works with toxic chemicals and works around motorized vehicles.
Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see