May 06, 2020
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: The Insights Manager is responsible for support of consumer insight, syndicated research, analytics and shopper insight for assigned brands. This includes contributions to development of strategies, plans, and the execution of brand plans. To accomplish the requirements of this position the incumbent must have knowledge of primary, secondary, and syndicated research techniques. The incumbent uses this experience, in combination with detailed knowledge of the brands and marketplace, to execute meaningful and actionable business insights for the assigned businesses. The measure of the value of these insights is their ability to help build the business in terms of volume, share, and profitability.
- Provides strategic brand development direction to brand management, including identification of white space opportunities and alignment with general consumer & shopper trends. i.e Initiate and execute A&U, Segmentation or Market Structure research under direction of the Sr Insights Mgr.
- Manage engagements, incorporate learnings to provide recommendations to inform marketing strategies & tactics.
- Supports consumer insight generation for divisional brands through the alignment of an annual strategic learning plan focused on developing engaging brand ideas, new product propositions, effective packaging, and world class advertising. i.e. Initiate and execute new product, packaging, marketing mix and media research under direction of the Sr Insights Mgr.
- In support of sales teams, drives category learning through shopper based insights, and informs customer selling stories and joint business planning.
- Proactively provides thought leadership regarding the consumer, customers, the economic and marketing environment, and the use of marketing information through webinars, InfoBites newsletters, etc.
- Partners with marketing teams to support the quarterly/annual sales performance review process, and uses fact based insights and actionable recommendations to drive growth. i.e. runs customer level research and creates customer Qtrly/annual evaluation templates under direction of the Sr. Insights Mgr.
- Supports strategic research initiatives to better understand the category and competitive environment, and partners with marketing to build foundation insights. i.e. Initiates and executes strategic Market Structure/segmentation research under the direction of the Senior Insights Manager.
- Assists Senior Manager in set-up of advanced analytic studies (primary focus on assortment and pricing modeling). Coordinates training and presentation.
- Maximizes the usage and value of vendor partnerships. Manages day-to-day engagement with primary vendors. i.e Nielsen.
- Insures the capture of brand/category knowledge and creation of institutional knowledge.
- Responsible for regular training for the organization on syndicated data.
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree a plus.
- 6-8 years of relevant insights experience within a CPG environment, preferably within food.
- Hands on experience with the full range of custom research techniques, analytics and syndicated information required.
- Experience preferred with advanced analytical toolbox: marketing mix, price & promotion tools, assortment tools, market structure/segmentation, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise in translating data and analysis into relevant implications needed.
- A thinker with solid analytical skills and can-do attitude.
- Passionate and curious about consumer/shopper behavior and psychology.
- Ability to closely manage timelines and handle multiple projects required.
- Creative individual who is not afraid to challenge the status quo is highly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.