May 11, 2020
Share/print this jobapply now
With its headquarters based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Direct activities and overall responsibility relating to the Stoughton plant manufacturing to include 8 production lines (sauce, shells, seasoning, and tostadas) and 34 SKU’s, ensuring that all Corporate production objectives are met. Manages manufacturing schedule, production planning, and labor issues to maximize plant resources and minimize costs. Employee is responsible for safety and food safety / quality.
· Direct and control manufacturing, and production planning to effectively achieve quality, quantity and unit cost standards according to sales, marketing, budget and company requirements.
· Continual development of new and improved methods of operation within the Stoughton facility.
· Perform the necessary analysis of accounts to assist in the effective planning and development of annual operating budgets.
· Initiate, manage and administer policies and procedures that provide for shift-to-shift consistency and the plant operating in a safe, clean and orderly fashion.
· Manage, control and coordinate plant activities with the Supply Chain Manager to produce the correct production on a timely basis.
· Provide subordinate development and training. Insure the supervisors have sufficient control tools to manage within the plant’s planned operating objectives, direct the plant’s workforce effectively and efficiently; and have sufficient technical knowledge of the operation.
· Direct staff to develop and maintain good employee relations along with effective safety and environment programs.
· Serve as a member of the Food Safety team.
· Serve as a member of the Business Continuity/Crisis Management Team.
Experience, Skills, Education:
· A minimum of a BA/BS degree with 5-7 years equivalent experience or equivalent experience of 10-15 years in food manufacturing.
· Possess excellent verbal and written skills communication skills.
· General manufacturing process, labor relations, production planning/control and statistical process control.
· Solid math skills
· Computer skills such as MS word, Excel and ability to learn numerous additional programs
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see