May 01, 2020
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Stoughton, Wisconsin, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: The Environmental Health &Safety Supervisor is responsible for ensuring pro-active compliance with all identified environmental, health and safety regulatory requirements. This position will maintain and update all corporate, state and federal safety regulations and procedure (SOP’s), and will provide for the continual inspection of all safety equipment, machinery and facilities to ensure safety regulations and injury prevention. In addition, this position will conduct safety training and will investigate any accidents or injuries in accordance with established procedures.
Maintain Facility Environmental and Safety Standards
· Insure facility and employee compliance of all environmental, health and safety requirements
· Take EHS protocols to an actionable level through development of processes and training assuring procedures and work instructions reflect actual practices.
· Provide recommendations in the development, evaluation and upgrading of safety programs.
· Initiates and facilitates all investigations of accidents/incidents in an effort to determine the root cause of any such accidents/incidents. Provide documented analysis and recommendations to prevent further instances.
· Collect, prepare and provide safety and environmental reports per local, state, federal and B&G Foods requirements for site.
· Maintain regular communications, and participate in planning activities with Corporate Safety. Provides communications as needed to corporate regarding any EH&S related issues.
· Maintain cost efficient measures as it relates to environmental, health and safety requirements.
· Champions the development of site specific procedures that support environmental, safety and health initiatives of the facility.
· Lead the Safety Committee meetings.
· Responsible to ensure food safety/quality polices are followed, to report all food safety/quality problems out of his/her realm of responsibility to personnel with the authority to initiate action. Responsible to make sure a good safe wholesome product is produced safely.
· All other duties as required.
Communication of Environmental and Safety Standards
· Provides regular communication of environmental, health and safety issues to plant employees.
· Conducts environmental, health and safety training for all employees.
Experience, Skills, Education:
· Three to five years industrial safety experience
· General Knowledge of OSHA and Environmental Regulations
· Experience providing equipment safety training and first responder training
· Experience with management systems such as ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001
· Must have experience working with governmental agencies and external parties
· Possess a strong attention to detail to ensure proper tracking and reporting and engaging presentation skills
· Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, staff, clients, and general public
· Mathematically competent
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Skills & possess a high level understanding of interpersonal skills to productively deal with business contacts and team members at all levels of the company
· Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to accurately write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
· Minimum of OSHA 30 Hour Training complete
· CSP (Certified Safety Professional), CIH (Certified Industrial Hygienist), or equivalent preferred
· Food and/or Beverage Experience preferable
· Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see