November 20, 2018
Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods, Inc. (NYSE: BGS) and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With our diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including B&G, B&M, Back to Nature, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Pirate’s Booty, Polaner, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and our brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
We are looking to hire a dynamic, hands-on Production Supervisor who will be responsible for the management of all operational and scheduling functions of the plant on 2nd shift at our Stoughton, WI facility.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Support and enhance the plant’s safety culture and initiatives.
- Support and enhance the plant’s quality and sanitation standards.
- Ensure production efficiencies are being met on the shift.
- Assign and crew labor.
- Manage shift operations to ensure material usage is within plant standard.
- Coordinate changeovers, emergency repairs and non-routine maintenance to ensure continuous product flow.
- Effectively use plant control tools (SOPs) to ensure accurate reporting of production, material, and labor utilization.
- Effectively use shift resources (labor, materials, other management personnel) to achieve or exceed Plant’s production plan.
- 2-5 years experience in a leadership position and a high school diploma/GED. A two year Associates Degree, Bachelor Degree, or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Computer skills such as MS word, Excel and ability to learn numerous additional programs
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, production schedules, purchase orders, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors and other employees of the organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.