May 01, 2020
Corporate QA Compliance Manager
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
The position will provide technical support and oversight for the maintenance of the Quality Assurance Program at B&G Foods’ suppliers to ensure food safety, quality and regulatory compliance of our purchased materials.
· Ensure the quality system, quality control programs and procedures follow the priority of product safety, regulatory compliance, and quality acceptance.
- Ensure quality procedures are being effectively implemented at our suppliers.
- Including shelf life, sample retention, mock recalls, allergen control, control of non-conforming material, calibration.
- Ensure adequate monitoring programs exists for HACCP, HARPC, GMP’s, plant housekeeping, sanitation, and pest control.
- Development and maintenance of material traceability programs, organic tracking programs and kosher compliance as needed.
- Ensure incoming raw materials checks, rotation procedures, and net weight & fill programs are in place and maintained.
- Verify production compliance with product formulations and process controls including Critical Process Points.
- Perform quality assessments of co-packers for compliance to Regulatory and B&G Foods requirements and standards.
- Perform quality assessments of Raw material and other ingredient suppliers for compliance to Regulatory and B&G Foods requirements and standards.
- Maintain and communicate updated Quality and Food Safety Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)’s in accordance with FSMA to all suppliers.
- Evaluate and develop processes and critical process points with manufacturing to assure compliance with specifications.
- Work closely with procurement and co-pack management to assure continued improvement of quality through communication and review of product compliance to specification.
- Develop programs to continuously improve quality and safety of B&G raw materials.
- Work with suppliers regarding investigations, responses and follow-ups to non-conformances and complaints from B&G manufacturing facilities.
- Track complaint data and developing corrective action plan with suppliers for quality improvement initiatives in an effort to reduce complaints.
Experience, Skills, Education:
· BS Food Technology, Food Science, or Engineering required.
· HACCP Certification required.
· Three to five years of Quality Assurance, Quality Control and or manufacturing experience in the food industry required.
· Knowledge of lab technique and prior training in fundamental quality assurance technology need.
· Previous experience in the food industry, which includes HACCP, SQF (or other GFIS) a must.
· Knowledge of the FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act) a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see