June 04, 2020
Sanitation Supervisor - 3rd Shift
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
This position will perform daily cleaning of buildings, ground, and equipment as directed in accord with Federal, State and Local laws and regulations, and in accord with Standard Good Manufacturing Practices. Promote and maintain a safe working environment for all employees. Support B & G’s Safety Committee and participate in departmental safety meetings.
· Maintain the plant’s safety standard. Participate and work with Safety Committee and rest of management to ensure hazards are corrected and safety policies adhered to. Investigate accidents. Immediately report all unsafe acts and unsafe conditions and ensure resolution.
· Maintain the plant’s quality and sanitation standards. Coordinate with QA department on all product issues. Follow and enforce all Good Manufacturing Practices. Assume responsibility of a good safe wholesome product being produced safely.
· Ensure employees are adhering to all company polices. Assess and evaluate employees’ performances by mentoring, coaching, training and developing employees and perform disciplinary actions and provide termination recommendations when needed. Conduct performance management reviews. Maintain environment free of harassment and discrimination.
· Ensure effective use of all plant control tools (SOPs, SSOPs, etc.) to ensure accurate reporting of sanitizing documentation, material, and labor utilization. Ensure timeliness of reporting.
· Ensure all production equipment and surrounding areas are clean and sanitary before next day production.
· Keep tools and equipment clean, in good working order and properly stored.
· Use chemicals for cleaning.
· Operate sanitation department equipment in a safe and proficient manner.
· Operate a forklift and genie boom in a safe and proficient manner.
· Perform self-inspection on each task before moving to the next.
· Keep all storage areas clean and in good order.
· Keep all documentation current, up-to date and properly filed.
· Responsible to make sure a good safe wholesome product is produced safely.
· All other duties as required.
Experience, Skills, Education:
· Manufacturing Sanitation Experience – 3 years
· Leadership Experience – 3 years
· Possess strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel and Outlook)
· Ability to read and understand Safety Data Sheets
· Knowledge of chemical use and handling
· Ability to become LO/TO authorized user
· Good organizational skills; demonstrated ability to prioritize workload effectively.
· Communicate effectively with others and to establish and maintain a cooperative, professional, positive, and harmonious working relationship with all personnel and management levels.
· Able to Identify Problems and Respond Accordingly
· OSHA knowledgeable
- Plant environment
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. – if an accommodation is necessary please notify Human Resources in advance of interview
- Work involves stooping, crouching, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, and grasping.
- Ability to substantially move wrists, hands, and/or fingers for purpose of adjusting machine parts and computer operations
- Must be flexible to work hours outside of regular schedule as needed
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see