February 27, 2020
Senior Project Engineer
Share/print this jobapply now
With its headquarters based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
The role of the Sr. Project Engineer is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. The Sr. Project Engineer will provide tactical leadership for process design, operations process controls and process optimization. He/she shall identify and execute performance/process improvements, cost savings initiatives, quality and food safety improvements across the internal and external supply chain. The Sr. Project Engineer will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. Lastly, the Sr. Project Engineer will coach and train site/functional members on methodologies, philosophies, core objectives, process improvements and food safety improvements as directed.
· Perform process design, scope validation, development and implementation of capital projects as assigned.
· Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
· Evaluate, develop and implement core manufacturing processes to deliver efficiency and reduced costs.
· Facilitate and lead troubleshooting of manufacturing inefficiencies and quality opportunities as needed across the supply chain.
· Execute the development and implementation of continuous improvement activities and food safety process improvements across the co-manufacturing environment.
· Analyze and develop action plans to optimize current processes to meet all customer and internal requirements.
· Conduct project post mortems and create recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
· Perform risk assessments of equipment and processes being used throughout the supply chain – including human safety and environmental safety.
· Evaluate and execute capacity improvement projects as needed.
· Present data, findings, and final project reports to team members and internal stakeholders.
· Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
· Utilize Best Practices of Lean Manufacturing & Continuous Improvement.
Experience, Skills, Education:
· Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Industrial or Chemical Engineering.
· 7-10 years of project management experience within a food/beverage manufacturing environment required, including all aspects of project development and execution.
· Six-Sigma or Lean certification required; HACCP certification preferred.
· Strong knowledge of Lean Manufacturing programs required.
· Experience executing process improvement projects required.
· Experience with a variety of manufacturing processes/equipment needed.
· Experience in quality systems and food safety required.
· Proficiency with the entire Microsoft Office Suite & Graphic Design Programs (i.e. AutoCAD)
· Project Management skills for overall project success delivery needed.
· Communication skills in explaining objectives and guiding others to task completion.
· Cost consciousness in managing project budgets.
· Mathematical skills in reducing risks and improving inaccuracies.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.