February 07, 2020
Channel Development Manager
Share/print this jobapply now
With its headquarters based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: The Channel Development Manager will lead the overall strategy for identifying and commercializing growth opportunities. This includes the day-to-day interactions with marketing, sales teams and other internal business partners to refine engagement strategies and deliver growth within our Club & Dollar channels. The Channel Development Manager will be the “owner” of the process to effectively communicate between field Sales and the internal teams helping to build profitable business growth in the Club & Dollar channels.
· Meet & exceed growth targets for Club & Dollar customers, with focus on business development through distribution gains.
· Analyze industry trends and competitive actions to develop alternative price, product, and package, to fill item distribution voids to maintain and/or improve competitive position with key retailers.
· Build strategic customer plans with a pipeline of growth initiatives year over year.
· Integrate various information sources to develop persuasive business presentations to identify short-term and long-term opportunities.
· Lead business objectives with the assigned key brands and/or customers to drive and maximize profitable sales and profits.
· Act as internal champion for Club & Dollar channel growth opportunities and share channel insights with internal stakeholders.
· Be a strategic partner for sales, demonstrating creative problem solving and actively engaging with customer teams.
· Propose new product concepts and lead the feasibility study process to validate new business ideas.
· Plan and direct all aspects of B&G’s Club & Dollar channel development policies, objectives, and initiatives.
· Be an expert on customer expectations in order to deliver products and programs that will succeed.
Experience, Skills, Education:
· Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
· 7-10 years of business development experience within the CPG industry required.
· 5+ years of focus within the Club & Dollar channel required.
· Ability to create a team approach, focusing on communication and the building of trust and drive through cross-functional internal teams.
· Strong project management skills to include the prioritization of projects and strong problem solving skills.
· Ability to apply a strong business acumen understanding business decisions and implications, P&L expertise, and then evaluation of financial metrics, all while leading strategic goals.
· IRI/Nielsen & Microsoft Office proficiency is required.
· A strategic mind-set is needed to maintain focus and apply a broader perspective to the Club & Dollar Channels.
· Ability to travel <20% domestically.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.