January 30, 2020
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
· The purpose of this position is to provide technical support within our Clabber Girl plant to the engineering, maintenance and manufacturing department as directed by the CI Supervisor. This position provides troubleshooting of electrical and control systems and machinery throughout the facility. Design, modify and upgrade electrical control systems. Additionally, assist in the development of electrical skills in our maintenance department inclusive of maintaining documentation as directed. Perform other tasks as directed.
· Provides focused support on CI Improvement Projects and rapid response to safety related activity.
· Support engineering, maintenance and capital projects as directed. This shall include control system design, drawing development, material selection and leading support of fabrication and installation of control and electrical systems. Ensuring electrical code compliance along with all safety and Good Manufacturing Practices, policies and procedures.
· Analyze electrical processes and methods; recommend and implement changes and new programs, which improve processes and cost. Assist in the standardization of controls throughout the production areas. Engage local vendors to ensure we are utilizing the best devices and that we are standardizing machinery for common parts.
· Assist in developing and updating an electrical PM program. Review current machine PM schedules and steps and suggest changes as needed to encompass electrical devices and cleaning procedures.
· Review and approve electrical schematics changes and updates made under your direction providing this information to engineering. Drawings shall be updated with corrections, recorded and distributed to the correct panels.
Experience, Skills, Education:
· Associates degree in electrical related studies or 5 years’ experience.
· PC Literacy. Electrical power, control, and PCL diagnostic skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.