January 14, 2020
Customer Sales Manager
Share/print this jobapply now
With its headquarters based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods, Inc. (NYSE: BGS) and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With our diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including B&G, B&M, Back to Nature, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and our brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Drive sales in a direct selling capacity through fact based selling and forming productive customer relationships for medium/large, Tier II accounts. Total annual sales greater than $25mm but less than $50mm. Drive sales in a direct selling capacity through fact based selling and forming productive customer relationships for medium/large, Tier II accounts. * Candidates local to NoCal or Portland are preferred.*
· Responsible for selling products directly to retailer, end-user, or distributor within assigned geographic territory, industry, or account.
· Maintain corporate mandated profit contribution levels through effective management of assigned spending budgets.
· Effectively utilize syndicated data to identify opportunities and provide management with post analysis results. Interface with Marketing and Sales Management to identify opportunities and develop regional initiatives.
· Must manage trade spending budget and deliver financial sales responsibility driven by senior leadership team.
· Evaluate current and competitive product’s pricing, promotions and sales strategies for potential business opportunities.
· Collaborate with Customer Inventory Analyst and corporate teams on production forecasting of assigned brands.
· Develop recommendations for displays and other promotional activities to effectively optimize sales growth, using available POS, syndicated and consumer insights data.
· Provide guidance to the retail broker team in determining monthly objectives and assist direct in overall management of the broker team.
Experience, Skills, Education:
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in sales or analytics required, with emphasis on Albertson's preferred
· Demonstrated analytical skills to understand trends and make recommendations
· Must have a good understanding of syndicated data information sources ie., AC Nielsen or IRI
· Understanding of customer’s co-managed replenishment system
· Thorough understanding of B&G’s portfolio of brands
· Microsoft Office Suite proficiency required
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.