December 05, 2019
Share/print this jobapply now
Job Description: Quality Assurance Manager
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: The role of the Quality Assurance Manager is to establish, implement and maintain the measures and systems to assure raw materials and finished goods meet specification standards, customer expectations and regulatory requirements. The individual must be an experienced manager with strong technical abilities and well developed leadership skills. The candidate must have a working knowledge of laboratory testing equipment, test methods and a thorough understanding of regulatory requirements, and plant sanitation. The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure Food Safety and Product Quality. This is a hands-on position.
· Responsible for developing and implementing quality management systems and procedures. Review, revise, implement and monitor the HACCP /HARPC based food safety program, SSOP, GMP and other Quality Assurance and Food Safety programs.
· As SQF practitioner oversee the implementation and maintenance of the SQF Safe Quality Foods program including; Validate the pre-requisite programs, ensure an annual review of the SQF system is accomplished and documented
· As a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) prepare and oversee the food safety system, validate the preventive controls and review critical safety records
· Define quality policies and interact with production management to ensure existing standards of production are satisfactory and follow food safety regulations. Determine and document any area that may need improvement. Inspect and sample the entire manufacturing process. Review current policies and improvise plans to improve upon existing quality standards.
· Develop an insight of each of the manufacturing operations. Learn what is critical, what can go wrong and how to correct a condition to ensure high quality products.
· Develop the technical skills of the Quality Assurance Staff to ensure they have the required competencies to carry out functions affecting product legality and safety.
· Responsible to ensure food safety/quality polices are followed, to report all food safety/quality problems out of his/her realm of responsibility to personnel with the authority to initiate action.
Experience, Skills, Education:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Food Technology, Chemistry, or other related - required
· 5+ years of experience in Quality Management in the food industry
· Experience with FSMA and current food related regulations. PCQI Certificate. HACCP Certification
· SQF Practitioner
· Experienced with FDA, USDA and other government regulations
· Possess good leadership capabilities to lead projects to a successful completion
· Possess excellent analytical abilities and capable of grasping key points from complicated issues
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see