November 25, 2019
Master Data Specialist
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
The Master Data Specialist role is responsible for the execution of processes and maintenance of various Master Data Management elements to ensure accurate data creation and working with business in ensuring proper business validation takes place. This position is a focal point for data maintenance and requires collaboration with cross functional departments to develop master data business rules and processes that support operational efficiency throughout the organization.
· Coordinate Material Master data setup and validations with applicable cross functional departments ensuring data quality and integrity is maintained.
· Responsible for the execution of processes and maintenance of various Master Data Management elements to ensure accurate data creation.
· Analyze existing item related information to find missing data and correct inconsistencies to drive accurate reporting of corporate metrics.
· Execute changes to JDE Master Data ( Material, Customer, Suppliers, Hierarchies, Pricing ) as approved by the business to create, change, delete, extend or otherwise noted.
· Assist in developing, writing, and training on item related business processes to ensure data quality and consistency.
· Assist in defining and implementing Master Data processes and SOPs to ensure data quality and integrity.
· Assist in configuring & testing change requests affecting master data in the development system.
· Utilize a working knowledge of engineering systems and procedures to develop and maintain routings and bills of materials to ensure product costs are accurately stated.
· Work with other departments and/or teams to coordinate Master Data Management requirements to ensure data consistency and integrity.
· Support Master Data Management governance initiatives.
· Creating new and modifying existing item masters for all locations using electronic records generated by various departments.
· Assist with system implementations, Acquisitions, Divestitures, and upgrades in areas relating to item master domain, Hierarchies, bills of material and routings, and other related Master Data Management fields.
· Serve as back-up in other areas of the department when necessary.
· Identify, develop, and audit major system changes as needed.
· Assist with the facilitation and execution of business process improvements through effective project management skills.
· Undertake various Master Data Management improvement projects as directed by the Master Data Supervisor.
Experience, Skills, Education:
· Bachelor’s Degree required, concentration in Finance, IT, Supply Chain, or Business preferred.
· 3-5 years of relevant Master Data Management required, manufacturing or fabrication industries preferred.
· Experience with JD Edwards, SAP or any other ERP system is a plus.
· Microsoft Excel proficiency a must- including Pivot Tables, V-Lookups, If/Then, Formulas, Macros, etc.
· Must have a strong attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
· Must possess analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.