December 02, 2019
Parts Room Attendant - 3rd Shift
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
This position will be responsible for the parts room and parts inventory and assist the Maintenance Purchasing Supervisor with all other responsibilities that fall within this department and shall be completed in accord with Standard Good Manufacturing Practices. Promote and maintain a safe working environment for all employees. Support B & G’s Safety Core Values.
· Issue and record shop tools, plant keys, sharps, chemicals, safety equipment, manuals, etc. as required to mechanics and all other employees, including contractors.
· Read natural gas meter and take water reading on daily basis.
· From work orders, pull and stage parts from inventory. Issue to mechanics as required.
· Assist mechanics with identifying parts that need to be purchased.
· Conduct cycle counts of on-hand inventory.
· Conduct inventory counts on specific locations within the Parts Room and Motor Cage as required by Supervisor.
· Conduct major cleanup of parts room and motor cage.
· Assemble blades as necessary and maintain stock levels.
· Completes inspections, including but not limited to, fire extinguishers, exit signs, emergency lights and outside lighting.
· Completes inspection of Oil Room as required by Supervisor.
· Maintain chemical cabinets – cleanliness, SDS sheets, refilling of containers, etc.
· Emergency maintenance assistance as needed (mechanic helper).
· Train to backup other Attendants.
· Pick up parts from various vendors – requires valid driver’s license and own transportation (as backup to other Attendants).
· Perform duties while working safely – awareness/identification of hazards, ensuring proper PPE is worn, maintaining a clutter free work area, following safety procedures and polices (ex. LO/TO, Confined Space, Right To Know, Fall Protection, etc.).
· Report unsafe acts and unsafe working conditions to supervision/management.
· Ensure food safety/quality polices are followed, to report all food safety/quality problems out of his/her realm of responsibility to personnel with the authority to initiate action.
· Ensure a good safe wholesome product is produced safely.
· All other duties are required.
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Outlook)
- Knowledge with CMMS a plus
- OSHA familiarity
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to read and write fluently in English
- Ability to work in a fast-aced maintenance shop and production environment.
- Preferable experience in maintenance parts inventory or similar
- Ability to use small tools in the repair/rebuilding of machine components.
- Possess valid Driver’s License and own transportation.
- Climbing stairs
- Walking/Standing – Up to 75% daily, Sitting – 25%
- Pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying – up to 50 lbs. (If an accommodation is necessary please notify Human Resources in advance of interview)
- Overhead work as needed
- Work involves stooping, crouching, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, and grasping
- Must be flexible to work hours outside of regular schedule as needed
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see