November 15, 2019
Regional Sales Manager West
Share/print this jobapply now
With its headquarters based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: The Regional Sales Manager’s purpose is to drive sales in a direct selling and/or broker capacity through fact based selling and form productive customer relationships for medium/large accounts. Candidates should reside local to the West Coast, as the territory will cover Northern California, Southern California, Portland, and Hawaii.
· Effectively conduct direct selling functions at retailer/distributor/wholesaler HQ level to drive company sales.
· Coordinate downstream priorities through wholesalers and indirects aligned with headquarter objectives.
· Grow portfolio total distribution points across indirect chains with strong priority management skills.
· Directly manage assigned brokers to execute company initiatives that deliver desired results.
· Ensure broker resources are suitable to deliver company objectives and conduct consistent broker reviews that provide areas of strength and constructive feedback.
· Coordinate and attend all key account meetings and reviews in the company’s interest.
· Maintain corporate mandated profit contribution levels through effective management of assigned spending budgets.
· Effectively utilize syndicated data to identify opportunities and provide management with post analysis results.
· Interface with Marketing and Sales Management to identify opportunities and develop regional initiatives.
Experience, Skills, Education:
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· 8-10 years of field sales experience required
· Thorough understanding of retail/grocery/wholesale business required
· Experience working with regional grocery chains required
· Expertise in broker management and motivational techniques needed
· Knowledge of national account policies, strategies, operating procedures highly preferred
· Technology and grasp to evaluate sales performance levels, profitability, etc. required
· Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
· Complete understanding of syndicated data information sources, i.e. AC Nielsen
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.