November 18, 2019
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
This position will provide team and technical leadership in food manufacturing activities in coordination with the safety, quality, production control and new products of the plant. Also, to ensure the safe and cost effective manufacturing of B&G Foods products to meet the expectations of our customers and consumers.
- Safety: Maintain the plant’s safety standard. Participate in bi-monthly meetings. Work with Safety Committee and rest of management to ensure hazards are corrected. Investigate accidents. Immediately report all unsafe acts and unsafe conditions and ensure resolution.
- Quality and Sanitation: Maintain the plant’s quality and sanitation standards. Coordinate with QC department on all product issues. Follow and enforce all Good Manufacturing Practices. Assume responsibility of a good safe wholesome product being produced safely.
- Production Efficiencies: Ensure evaluation, root cause analysis, problem solving and yield efficiency improvement recommendations as well as practical hands on process/people management in support of plant goals. Manage operations to ensure material usage is within plant standard.
- Labor management: Coordinate assignment and crewing of labor. Enforce company policies. Maintain environment free of harassment and discrimination.
- Coordinate changeovers, emergency repairs and non-routine maintenance to ensure continuous product flow. Provide input on development/modification of existing or new equipment.
- Develop cost efficient environment through an active involvement in plant’s cost reduction programs.
- Effectively use of all plant control tools (SOPs) to ensure accurate reporting of production, material, and labor utilization.
- Effectively use of all shift resources (labor, materials, other management personnel) to achieve or exceed Plant’s production plan.
- Operate a forklift and genie boom in a safe and proficient manner.
- Perform self-inspection on each task before moving to the next.
- Keep all documentation current, up-to date and properly filed.
- All other duties as required.
Experience, Skills, Education:
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 year of Manufacturing Supervisory experience is required.
- Consumer goods experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with lean/continuous improvement methodologies with Green Belt certification preferred.
- Possess strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Supervisory skills and experience, preferably in a food-manufacturing environment.
- Ability to lead groups and teams to meet increasingly challenging requirements of the business.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Good organizational skills; demonstrated ability to prioritize workload effectively.
- Communicate effectively with others and to establish and maintain a cooperative, professional, positive, and harmonious working relationship with all personnel and management levels.
- Able to Identify Problems and Respond Accordingly.
- OSHA knowledgeable.
- Plant environment.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. – if an accommodation is necessary please notify Human Resources in advance of interview.
- Work involves stooping, crouching, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, and grasping. Ability to substantially move wrists, hands, and/or fingers for purpose of adjusting machine parts and computer operations.
- Must be flexible to work hours outside of regular schedule as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see