November 10, 2019
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
• Based in our Clabber Girl plant located in Terre Haute, IN, The Production Manager is responsible for the overall planning, coordinating, and control of the manufacturing processes. This position sets the foundation to ensure the highest quality products are produced in a cost-effective manner. This position oversees the inventory and production planning departments as well.
• Provides leadership and oversight to all areas of the manufacturing department
• Reviewing data and trends to increase production output and lower production costs
• Understanding and promoting quality requirements to achieve quality products
• Working out the human and material resources needed to deliver products
• Communicating between support groups, suppliers, customers, etc.
• Monthly reporting at management meeting
• Working with managers of other departments to implement company policies and goals
• Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are accurate and being followed
• Supervising and motivating a team of S/V’s, T/L’s, and T/M’s
• Sets performance goal for direct reports
• Conducts performance reviews for direct reports
• Identifying training needs
• Establishing manpower and departmental budgets
• Maintains working relationship with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement
• Administer personnel functions including recruiting, hiring, review and approval of job descriptions, job classifications, performance evaluations and Salary
Experience, Skills, Education:
• HS Diploma or equivalent
• 5+ years Management/Leadership experience
• SQF Practitioner Preferred
• Lean Manufacturing Champion (TPS, Six Sigma) Preferred
• Management/Leadership experience in high speed food processing/packaging
• Detail oriented, analytical and well organized
• Ability to train supervisors and team members in all aspects of manufacturing
• Excellent communication skills and ability to lead and participate in cross functional teams
• Drive for results, challenge of status quo and independent thinker.
• Strong computer skills (Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
• Comfortable in a stage gate environment
• Project Management
Equal Employment Opportunity: B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.