October 16, 2019
Share/print this jobapply now
Job Description: Production Supervisor
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: Production Supervisor is responsible for managing a diverse manufacturing team, the primary goal is properly set and organize production lines, staff members, and temporary workers to achieve daily production goals in a safely and timely manner. This position also includes directing, disciplining, training and assisting employees in a manufacturing setting.
• Helps manufacturing staff achieve Company goals by communicating expectations, planning, monitoring and evaluating job results
• Enforcing Company policies and guidelines
• Responsible for the safety and the proper operation of equipment minimizing risk behaviors
• Responsible for compliance with, GMP, HACCP, FDA and FSMA regulations
• Responsible for OSHA regulations, safety programs compliance and training
• Experienced implementing operational guidelines that support management objectives, continuous improvement, schedule attainment goals, and KPI’s.
• Responsible for job assignments and staffing needs including temporary workers.
• Daily monitoring of production indicators from filling to packing and warehousing.
• Properly obtain line balance, line speed and production output with the Safety and Quality required
• Decision-making, problem solving and interdisciplinary team work including other departments as Maintenance and Quality Assurance.
• Implement cost-saving strategies and techniques
• Ensures that production plans are completed by a certain time
• Counsels employees on how to achieve an optimal output of workflow safely
• Resolves issues and disputes between manufacturing Union employees
• Communicates with and assist other departments as needed
• Evaluates the condition of production and manufacturing equipment
• Maintains a clean a safe environment for all workers
Experience, Skills, Education:
• Associates Degree with 3-5 years of Operational/Manufacturing experience. Food Industry Experience Preferred
• 1-3 Years Leadership Experience
• Possess outstanding communication and leadership skills
• Ability to lead groups and teams to meet challenging requirements of the business
• Proficiency in computers, including Microsoft Office. JDE Experience, a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see