October 15, 2019
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: The Brand Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day marketing and general management duties across a portfolio of the company’s largest grocery brands, as well as the development of long-term strategies. The Brand Manager will work with internal and external partners to execute such tactics as consumer & shopper marketing initiatives, promotion plans, forecasting, new product launches, and packaging changes.
· Deliver corporate sales, profit margin and EBITDA goals across a portfolio of directly managed brands.
· Lead cross functional teams for various brand initiatives, including new product launches, packaging changes, and cost-saving initiatives.
· Manage business analytics, forecasting, and planning.
· Develop and implement all consumer and shopper marketing programs.
· Efficiently manage all marketing and advertising budgets to achieve brand objectives.
· Develop long-term growth strategies.
· P&L ownership, including cost-improvement initiatives and linkage with Trade Marketing team.
· Develop and execute annual marketing plans and 3-5 year strategic plans.
· Work closely with Sales Management to implement and analyze trade promotions.
· Analyze and monitor brand and category performance using internal (Brio) and external data (Nielsen and Spectra). Recommend and implement action plans.
· Recommend designers and printers for new label / packaging designs and manufacture.
· Recommend new product development and selection for assigned brand.
Experience, Skills, Education:
· Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
· A Minimum of 5 years of marketing experience in consumer products, preferably in food.
· Demonstrated strong business acumen and possession of strong knowledge in industry and retail landscape.
· Demonstrated leadership skills, learning agility, problem solving, project management, analytical, organizational, and strategic thinking skills.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret Nielsen/IRI data to make sound business recommendations to Management.
· Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, resource limited resource environment.
· Strong communication skills - both verbal and written needed.
· Must be able to multitask and re-prioritize workload frequently.
· Must be detail oriented and organized.
· Strong creative skills: Experience with the development and design of packaging, advertising and other materials.
· Entrepreneurial spirit: Ability to work in an unstructured environment. Self-starter. Multi-tasker. Results oriented.
· Microsoft Office Suite proficiency required
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.