October 11, 2019
Share/print this jobapply now
Job Description: Electrician Mechanic
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: This position is to provide technical support in the troubleshooting of electrical and control systems and machinery throughout the facility. Design, modify, and upgrade electrical control systems, along with diagnosing malfunctions, installing, repairing and maintaining machinery and equipment specific to the operation.
• Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain electrical systems and electronic equipment.
• Install and program VFD’s, PLC’s and process instrumentation.
• Ensure all electrical systems and equipment in the plant meet safety requirements and hazards are quickly identified and mitigated.
• Develop and carry out preventive maintenance tasks for plant electrical system.
• Develop and maintain a matrix of all equipment and power source locations. Label each device at point of use and source.
• Quickly respond to and repair electrical issues ensuring job is done in a safe, professional and economical manner focusing on keeping downtime to a minimum.
• Recommend energy savings actions to Management to reduce overall electrical energy consumption.
• Complete assigned Work Orders and document accordingly.
Experience, Skills, Education:
• 3-5 Years Experience in industrial or manufacturing environment.
• Ability to read electrical schematics, including ladder logic.
• Ability to use computer, digital multi-meter, megger, loop calibrator, amp probe and circuit tracer.
• Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems.
• Possess knowledge in all aspects of electrical and mechanical safety.
• New York State Board of Master Electricians Preferred
• Extensive knowledge of 3-phase electrical systems and distribution and pneumatic systems.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see