October 14, 2019
Revenue Accounting Manager
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: B&G Foods is seeking a Revenue Accounting Manager to drive the efficiency and accuracy of accounting operations, specifically revenue, billing and collections, trade and commissions. This role interacts regularly with the Senior Leadership of Sales and Finance providing strategic insight and decision-making support to evaluate product performance, trade utilization and profitability. This individual will report to the Corporate Controller.
· Lead revenue recognition for the business and oversee the day-to-day accounting activities related to the revenue cycle, including billings, collections, trade, commissions
· Analyze revenues, trade, coupons, slotting and commissions to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
· Review monthly and quarterly journal entries and account reconciliations, ensuring high work product and level of detail
· Prepare and review materials for internal and external reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis. Leverage data and expertise to provide strategic insights into financial trends and business value drivers
· Prepare and review various account reconciliations and account activity analysis
· Ensure revenue recognition policies and procedures are in accordance with reporting standards, strengthen our internal control environment, seek operational efficiencies to shorten our time to close each month. Assess, research and document appropriate US GAAP treatment for revenue transactions within the business
· Provide support for the annual financial statement audit, as well as, periodic internal audits
· Provide support for other ad hoc analyses and projects as requested
Experience, Skills, Education:
· BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance required
· CPA preferred, not required
· 8+ years of broad hands-on accounting experience, including general ledger, financial reporting, accounts receivable, revenue and trade deductions, accruals, etc.
· Strong knowledge of the revenue recognition cycle in a CPG or similar industry, general accounting and financial reporting experience, required
· Strong analytical skills, decision making capabilities and thorough understanding of US GAAP, including as it relates to revenue recognition
· JDE system experience, preferred
· Ability to utilize financial reporting tools, e.g. EPM and Hubble
· Excellent organizational and communication skills, working both independently and effectively across departments; Frequent interaction with senior leaders
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
· Strong self-starter with the ability to take initiative, solution unexpected issues and work independently to meet deadlines
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.