September 13, 2019
Manager, Financial Consolidation and Systems
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: B&G Foods is seeking a Manager, Financial Consolidation and Systems. This individual is a systems savvy accountant that will maintain the Company’s general ledger, financial consolidation and the general ledger’s integrations and intra-system relationships. This individual will report to the Corporate Controller and be the JD Edwards subject matter expert for the Finance team. This role will interact with other departments and functions regularly.
- Manage month end consolidation and reporting procedures, including the elimination of intercompany transactions
- Own the chart of accounts and account hierarchy maintenance
- Responsible for the opening and closing periods, revaluation of foreign currencies, setting up new accounts, business units and company codes, maintaining AAIs and DMAAIs, subledger integrations and advanced cost accounting
- Report writing, report maintenance and ad-hoc analysis in JD Edwards, Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) and Hubble
- Understand feeds between systems (e.g. JD Edwards, Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) and others) and the down and upstream impact of changes
- Perform various month end account reconciliations and analysis, as directed
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, information technology or related field, required
- CPA not required
- 10+ years of broad accounting and systems experience, including general ledger design and maintenance, product costing, manufacturing accounting, accounts receivable and payable, supply-chain functions required
- 5+ years of experience in financial systems implementation, integration and maintenance, required
- Strong knowledge of consolidations, general accounting and financial reporting, required
- JDE system experience, required
- Knowledge of ERP systems and system interfaces, required
- Ability to utilize financial reporting tools, EPM and Hubble preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, working effectively across departments required
- Strong analytical skills needed
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.