September 06, 2019
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: Learn and/or expand knowledge of the CPG industry with specific focus around Sales function.
Develop new competencies by working with National Accounts Team, primarily with 2nd / 3rd largest customer teams (Kroger / Albertsons), as preparation for potential entry level sales role within B&G Foods. Ideal candidate will have completed two years of college (sophomore) and working towards degree within an accredited college. **This Internship is located in Newport, Kentucky.**
· Assist with Category Review Process and Joint Business Planning. Work with sales teams to secure necessary materials from HQ cross-functional teams. Assist with presentation development and/or store level research. Work with broker to complete prerequisites for Vendor Portal entries.
· Assist with E-commerce readiness: new item set up, brand registry, page content development. Periodically review competitor programming and provide/implement recommendations for improvement.
· Assist with Shopper Marketing activation: enter nominations in retailer portal, track budget, provide analytical support to monitor and evaluate programs; create sell sheets for downstream execution.
· Assist with improving Supply Chain metrics; work with Kroger Team Lead in identifying areas to reduce nuisance fees while maximizing volume building initiatives (display pallet / shipper forecasting and communication).
Experience, Skills, Education:
· Minimum 2 years of college working towards BA degree or equivalent; must be currently enrolled in accredited college / university.
· General working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications and computer technology proficient.
· Interested in sales and marketing roles within the CPG industry post graduation required.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.