September 04, 2019
Director of Sales, Emerging Brands
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: This position will function as the company’s key customer interface for emerging products within the Specialty/Natural Channels and will be dedicated to driving growth and profitability through sales, business development and broker management. This Director will achieve these growth objectives by further developing and launching strategic sales initiatives, value added product development, process implementation and market-based initiatives. This position will oversee a team who will drive growth through the Specialty/Natural Channels via broker management, distribution companies and strategic national customers. He/She will manage all broker related sales in support of their region or channel class of trade. He/she will lead a team of sales managers or channel class of trade to deliver best in class, customer-centric results. This person will map out and then execute strategies on how to grow existing business as well as develop organizational changes to maximize results.
- Establish a clear vision and strategy for all activities related to strategic sales and business development to deliver incremental sales and achieve sales objectives.
- Create an aggressive growth model to ensure the delivery of revenue and profit goals.
- Cultivate and maintain top-to-top relationships at key strategic accounts.
- Maximize sales opportunities at key strategic accounts to develop mutually beneficial and long-term relationships.
- Manage trade deal spending that maintains proper gross profit margins.
- Develop objectives and budgets for sales divisions under direct supervision.
- Develop and monitor sales programs for all customers under direct supervision.
- Achieve new item distribution so that B&G products are available in retail outlets as determined by Management.
- Develop long-term sales goals and strategies in conjunction with top management and marketing department.
- Maintain well-trained and motivated employees in the sales department entailing the constant evaluation of the performance of the Broker sales department employees with the objective of constantly improving the caliber of our representation and goal achievement.
- Identify short- and long-term growth strategies based on analysis of the competitive landscape, marketplace dynamics, consumer habits and company strategies.
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
- 12-15 years of field sales food manufacturing experience with 10 years of managing people and setting direction to team
- Strong influencing, negotiating and communication skills with high level leaders
- Demonstrates high degree of problem solving techniques
- Exceptional Financial and Business Acumen
- Excellent understanding of portfolio of brands
- Demonstrated leadership capability with inspiring and developing a team
- Experience working with and managing Broker and Direct sales associates
- Proven success cultivating and maintaining professional relationships with national accounts within the consumer facing industry (grocery experience preferred)
- Exceptional track record of achieving tough and demanding goals coupled with an ability to influence others at all levels within an organization
- Strong strategic mindset and approach to business coupled with tactical execution skills
- Innovative thinker with strong quantitative analysis skills to identify competition, consumer and customer trends as well as an ability to identify new business development approaches
- Exceptional customer facing experience and capabilities to deliver planned objectives and penetrate senior levels at key accounts
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.