September 03, 2019
Production Supervisor 3rd Shift
Share/print this jobapply now
The Ortega food manufacturing facility in Stoughton, WI is seeking a 3rd shift Production Supervisor who will be responsible for providing leadership in food manufacturing activities in coordination with the safety, quality and production control of existing and new products of the plant. This position will also be responsible for ensuring that there is safe and cost effective manufacturing of B&G Foods products that meet the expectations of our customers.
- Maintain the plant’s safety standard. Participate and work with Safety Committee and management to ensure hazards are corrected and safety policies are adhered to. Investigate accidents and immediately report all unsafe acts and unsafe conditions to ensure resolution.
- Maintain the plant’s quality and sanitation standards by coordinating with the QA department on all product issues. Follow and enforce all Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Supervise all line activities and coordinate assignment and crewing of labor. Coordinate changeovers, emergency repairs and non-routine maintenance to ensure continuous product flow.
- Provide input on development/modification of existing or new equipment. Develop cost efficient environment through active involvement in plant’s cost reduction programs.
- Ensure employees are adhering to all company polices. Assess and evaluate employees’ performance by mentoring, coaching, training and developing.
- Ensure effective and timely use of all plant control tools (SOPs, etc.) to ensure accurate reporting of production, material, and labor utilization.
- Ensure line efficiencies are meeting plant goals.
- Monitor yield variances and perform root-cause analysis to determine corrective actions as needed.
Experience, Skills and Education:
- · Microsoft Office knowledgeable
- · Possess outstanding communication and leadership skills
- · Ability to lead groups and teams to meet challenging requirements of the business
- · Ability to work in conditions, which include multiple, and sometimes conflicting priorities, extended work schedules, and specific time constraints
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see ww1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.