August 29, 2019
Food Safety Sanitation Specialist
Share/print this jobapply now
Company Description: Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: This position is responsible for food safety and quality measures on the shift while working in conjunction with production schedules and shift management.
Essential Job Functions -- Industrial cleaning/sanitation of the manufacturing facility and required manufacturing equipment. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
• Accurate recording and maintenance of cleaning/sanitation documents.
• Safe, effective operation of the ice blasting equipment.
• Ability to follow work instructions accurately; with attention to detail and consistency.
• Know when corrective action is necessary.
• Initiate appropriate corrective action as necessary by contacting a supervisor.
• Maintain all cleaning/sanitation equipment in a clean, organized manner.
• Strive for continuous improvement of current Food Safety/QC systems and implementation of new systems.
• Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Assists with custodial cleaning as needed
Experience, Skills, Education:
• H.S. diploma or equivalent
• Experience in cleaning/sanitation area preferred
• Ability to perform thorough cleaning using a ladder and in hard to reach areas
• Ability to accurately read, understand, and apply written Standard Operating Procedures and ongoing training/education
• Ability to accurately maintain a cleaning log daily
• Ability to accurately measure liquids
• Eligible to work in the United States
Equal Employment Opportunity: B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.