August 14, 2019
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods, Inc. (NYSE: BGS) and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With our diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including B&G, B&M, Back to Nature, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and our brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com. **This role is located in Ankeny, Iowa.**
Establish production plans of purchased items with Distribution centers and Secondary Packers based on forecasts, historical movement, trends and personal judgment. Coordinate shipment of products while meeting monthly inventory targets. Support ad hoc projects including risk mitigation software and currency exposure.
- Plan and manage inventory levels of select brands/items based on analysis of reports, trends and forecasts while working to achieve company goals
- Manage inventory levels held at suppliers to maintain ideal quantities while minimizing storage costs and product aging.
- Perform preliminary negotiating with suppliers, production timing and acceptable inventory levels and present to Director of Purchasing.
- Assist in the establishment and integration of cost savings methods.
- Coordinate with Inventory control and Warehousing on pack promotions, ie. neckers, communicones, coupons.
- Special reporting and projects (damaged pallets, slow moving, excess).
- Manage inventory levels of 150 skus and subsequent components.
- Identify Risk mitigation software options and make recommendations to management for the goal of reducing B&G supply chain risk.
- Create Currency exchange models to monitor currency fluctuations and to advise potential financial impact to B&G foods procurement strategy.
- Create databases for contracts and product specifications.
- Purchasing responsibilities of over $1 million and provides guidance on other value added work.
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of 3 years in a similar role within a Consumer Package Goods manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills needed, both written and spoken
- A thorough understanding of Bills of Materials, RFP’s RFQ’s, etc. required
- Ability to negotiate on behalf of B&G Foods, Inc.
- Strong Analytical skills needed to excel in this role
- Extremely organized and details oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access required
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.