August 09, 2019
Share/print this jobapply now
Job Description: SANITOR
Hours: M-F 11 p.m - 7:30 a.m.
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Works with all plant operations, offices, and building and grounds to assure company’s compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices, FDA regulations, the Master Sanitation Schedule, and Customer Sanitation expectations and contribute to a safe and healthy environment.
• Cleans and removes foreign materials and product from, around, and under machines, equipment, conveyors and from plant floor, and racking using brushes, cleaning towel, industrial vacuum, and air hoses; hand sweeps floor areas inaccessible to cleaning machines and picks up scrap.
• Keeps working areas in packaging, processing, warehouse, maintenance, and offices clean and in orderly condition; assists and supports department teams to enhance production in work centers
• Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by reading and following all plant safety regulations, including use of cleaning solutions, MSDS, lock-out tag-out procedures, and personal protection devices, etc.
• Operates an industrial vacuum cleaner, such as a sweeper/scrubber, portable scrubber, etc., through designated areas, such as factory aisles and warehouses, to clean and collect scrap, dirt, and other refuse; attaches battery charger to industrial sweeper/scrubber to recharge for designated length of time.
• Works at various heights to clean overhead fixtures, such as railings, steps, and guardrails, ductwork, lights and their fixtures, UV lights, ceiling fans, sprinkler system, pipe work and I beams, etc.
• Removes clutter, such as stacks of pallets; clean drains, sinks, eye wash stations, drinking fountains, doors, and fire extinguishers; check and fill soap and towel dispensers; mops warehouse and plant floor, storage areas, and washes windows; sweeps, mops, scrubs, and vacuums hallways, stairs, and patio, etc.
• Operates material handling equipment safely and efficiently, to minimize risk to personnel and damage to inventory and equipment.
• Collects trash from work areas and dumps into compactor; and cleans compactors as required.
• Performs preventive sanitation maintenance on production lines and on selected machinery/equipment, such as strappers, tray formers, lenders, and spice cleaner, etc.
• Completes a master sanitation schedule for all areas of the plant.
• Notifies management when replacement or repair of cleaning equipment, the physical plant, and outside grounds is needed.
• Reads, follows, and documents down time on Sanitor Work Orders.
• Picks up, sorts, stacks, and bands items, such as cardboard and plastics that are returned to vendors or being recycled, using a material baler. • Mixes fluids and cleaning solutions (soap concentrate, spray bottle solution) according to formula.
• Cleans snow, ice and debris from sidewalk; picks up refuse from plant grounds.
• Performs post-cleaning evaluations of random areas with a member of management.
• Makes suggestions in operational procedures and equipment.
• Assists in training new sanitation personnel and cross training of current employees.
• Performs other duties as assigned – not an essential function.
Experience, Skills, Education:
• Must have good listening skills and possess the ability to verbally communicate so as to effectively convey information and ideas.
• Must have the ability to read and comprehend work related reading material.
• Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
• Must be able to work as a productive member of a team.
• Must be able to work with persons representing widely divergent backgrounds, interests, and points of view.
• Ability to use basic math operations (add, subtract, multiply, divide) to complete work tasks.
• Ability to organize and work on multiple tasks concurrently.
• Must have knowledge of packaging line operation to position equipment for cleaning
• Must become knowledgeable of lock-out tag-out point locations.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf