August 09, 2019
Electrical Maintenance Technician
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods, Inc. (NYSE: BGS) and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With our diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including B&G, B&M, Back to Nature, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and our brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
This position is to provide technical support in the troubleshooting of electrical and control systems and machinery throughout the facility. Design, modify, and upgrade electrical control systems, along with diagnosing malfunctions, installing, repairing and maintaining machinery and equipment specific to the operation.
· Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by operating and repairing equipment in a safe and efficient manner to minimize risk to personnel as well as damage to equipment and inventory.
· Maintain sanitary conditions while performing work.
· Repair and maintain plant machinery and mechanical equipment specific to the operation in accordance with diagrams, operation manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications.
· Analyze and diagnose production machinery and equipment malfunctions; service, repair and replace defective parts using hand tools and power tools and start machines/equipment to test their performance.
· Calibrate and make adjustments on production machinery and equipment to improve operational capabilities using hand tools.
· Provide technical assistance to the production department in set-up and changeover of production equipment.
· Perform preventive maintenance on machinery and equipment and document tasks performed in preventive maintenance records.
· Identify ways to improve production methods by observing work processes and working with line personnel.
· Install and repair electrical systems, control and power distribution system components and circuits for single and three phase systems, following manuals, diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications using hand tools, power tools and electrical and electronic test equipment.
· Plan layout and install, maintain, repair or replace wiring and wires electrical fixtures, control panels, and equipment, etc.
· Diagnose, repair or replace faulty electrical and electronic components and circuitry in machines and equipment, that include, but is not limited to relays, switches, transformers, motors, bearings, rewires motors, positions sensing devices and electronic components such as printed circuit boards, etc., and tests components to verify repairs.
· Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components, using testing equipment such as ohmmeter, voltmeter, and oscilloscope.
· Inspect systems and electrical parts to detect hazards, defects, and need for adjustments or repair.
· Install circuitry for support systems.
· Install and connect power supply wiring and conduit to plant machines and equipment.
· Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit, using tools, such as hacksaw, pipe threader, and conduit bender.
Experience, Skills, Education:
· 5 years related experience or associates degree preferred in technical field
· Knowledge of electrical/electronic theory and its application as it relates to repair, installation, and maintenance of electrical and electronic systems, components, units, circuitry, of plant equipment, machinery, and structures.
· Knowledgeable of mechanical principles and their application, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
· Documented experience required
· Mechanical aptitude, including a basic understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanical and piping systems and the ability to identify and understand mechanical components and their relationship in a mechanism in order to make repairs or improvements.
· Knowledge of various machines, their operation and parts; and skill in using work-related tools including their design, benefits, repair and maintenance.
· Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems associated with work processes by applying job specific knowledge.
· Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety rules and precautions of various mechanical/electrical systems.
· Ability to read and work from fabrication drawings and schematics
· Ability perform math operations to solve work-related problems.
· Ability to read and understand various set up/operational diagrams, schematics, drawings, manuals, and manufacturing specifications as it relates to plant machinery and equipment.
· Ability to deal effectively with persons representing widely diverse backgrounds, interests, and points of view.
· Ability to organize and work on multiple tasks concurrently.
· Ability to work as a productive member of a team.
· Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
· Display high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing work tasks efficiently and safely.
· Respond appropriately to supervision.
· Demonstrate responsible behavior and attention to detail.
· Conduct behavior in a manner that is supportive of the needs, priorities, and goals of the Department and Company.
· Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
· Demonstrate a commitment to high quality standards of workmanship.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see