August 08, 2019
Human Resources Business Partner
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for leading and/or executing core HR processes including talent acquisition and selection, HR policy interpretation and recommendations, employee relations, compensation management, performance management, Union contract management (if applicable) and talent development, and other duties to ensure maximum effectiveness of the Human Resources function in support of HR and the specific business objectives of the manufacturing facility to which they are assigned. This role is a key member of the plants leadership team and trusted partner to the Plant manager of the facility.
- Leverages available information to drive proactive employee communications and engagement initiatives of the manufacturing facility
- Utilizes employee relations issues to diagnose and solve underlying HR issues within their facility.
- Conduct daily interaction with all employees.
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive work environment and promote a sense of fairness and consistency. Offers guidance and assistance to plant personnel in dealing with day-to-day employee relations’ issues. Provides accurate and consistent policy interpretation and administration.
- Acts as the company representative for the Associated Union.
- Manage and coordinate grievance process.
- Provides the manufacturing facility with interpretation of labor agreement contract language.
- Assists with the Union contract negotiations by taking an active leadership role in negotiations.
- Partners with the organization and the manufacturing facility's leadership to confirm labor needs and to insure optimal organizational structure within the facility.
- Identifies candidates for job requirements.
- Ensures the efficient, timely, and cost effective recruitment of qualified candidates for approved positions.
- Partners with external/internal recruiting resources/agencies, as needed.
- Monitors progress of the employment process including all pre-employment requirements, tracking and filling of all open positions.
- Developing and implementing recruitment strategies.
- Will offer hiring recommendations in line with the overall staffing plans of the facility.
- Lead and direct all onboarding processes and procedures for applicants.
- May develop and/or deliver leadership or employee training.
- Recruits for all exempt, non-exempt and hourly positions in the facility.
- Manages performance management process and developmental needs of staff.
- Participate and champion safety within the facility including being a member of the Plant Safety Committee.
- Adhere to all required governmental reporting agencies.
- Partners with leadership team to drive organization of positive employee relations while simultaneously supporting the objectives of the manufacturing facility to which they are assigned.
- Support Corporate HR integration activities.
- Serve as the "change agent" and champion for corporate initiatives, programs, policies and benefits, ensuring effective communication and implementation at the site.
- Tracks, analyzes and utilizes appropriate workforce data to provide necessary information to requesting parties.
- Implements and manages core human resources policies and procedures of the facility as well as corporate policies and procedures.
- Acts as company liaison in promoting B&G Foods within the community.
- Participate in community activities, clubs, and organizations.
- Will foster a climate of individual growth for all employees through coaching and training.
- Will be the cornerstone for implementing management training programs to facilitate the development and growth of the plant management team.
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Human Resources management or related field, required.
- SPHR or PHR certification highly preferred.
- 5-7 years HG Generalist experience within a manufacturing plant required, food manufacturing preferred.
- Knowledge of union contracts and administration needed.
- Direct supervisory experience preferred.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses institution and experience to complement data.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
- Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress.
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions.
- Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others. Influence and challenge decisions, as needed.
- Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; take responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes self-available to staff.
- Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.