August 21, 2019
Client Service Representative
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: Responsible for providing and maintaining customer satisfaction with internal sales representative and customers through the daily interaction of accurate order processing and any other necessary communication required to meet the customer’s needs in a timely fashion. Assists sales and customers with B&G Foods products.
· Process orders and update/release EDI orders as needed.
· Support Sales Managers with orders, samples, questions and correspondence accurately & timely.
· Liaison with customer and other departments.
· Report short shipments, delivery changes and/or delays to customers, Track order shipments for delivery information. Communicate to customers regarding orders or products.
· Handle customer complaints and provide corrective action as needed.
· Notify and follow up with Production Dept.(s) regarding special orders/projects.
· Resolve pricing discrepancies and manage price change in internal database.
· Obtain approval (as needed) and create Return Authorizations
· Handle special projects as assigned by Supervisor, Director of Customer Service
· Prioritize job duties so that responsibilities are handled on a timely basis.
· Verify information pertaining to a specific order.
· Make decisions/solve problems that arise (ie. customer questions related to order status, mis-ships, price discrepancies….)
Experience, Skills, Education:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Minimum of 1-3 years’ recent experience in a CPG environment supporting the sales team required
· ERP System experience preferred, JDE a plus
· Must be well organized and a self-starter
· Able to work in a team environment or independently from remote location
· Previous exposure to product lines helpful
· Ability to patiently communicate with customers Able to work with co-workers and Management in a cordial, professional manner
· Ability to handle projects to completion PC, Excel, Microsoft a must
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see