August 07, 2019
Continuous Improvement Manager
Share/print this jobapply now
Company Description: Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
This position is located in our Yadkinville, North Carolina Facility.
Serves as a technical resource to the Operations team by integrating continuous improvement into the day-to-day operations. Drives continuous improvement by providing training, tools, data, and leadership to Operations.
• Champions Safety
• Collaborates with Production and Maintenance department on all forms of continuous improvement projects, aimed directly at improving line efficiencies, reducing waste and low-value activities, generally lowering cost of producing product.
• Employee Engagement. Develop team's ability to solve their short-term & long-term operational issues by establishing, and leading, the continuous improvement process and culture. Will be responsible for the hands-on design and implementation of specific projects.
• Owner of plant cost savings deliverables. Support and assist management, and plant staff, in implementing cost optimization tools; including, but not limited to Lean, Six Sigma, High Performance Work Teams, etc.
• Propose process technology improvements and capital expenditures.
• Identify equipment and manage employee resources required for successful execution of projects.
• Apply process improvement tools to identify measurable standards to improve business capabilities (Safety/Quality/Cost): specifically, Six Sigma tools and methodology to improve process capability and eliminate defects, as well as Lean Manufacturing tools and principles to eliminate waste and create visual controls.
• Oversee cost optimization projects, including project identification, prioritization and selection, tracking project results, monitoring project progress, and reporting on progress.
• Follow all plant safety, and GMP guidelines, addressing any deviation when it occurs.
• Become active member of plant Safety Committee.
• Accountable to ensure food safety/quality polices followed, as well as report all food safety/quality problems, across departments, to personnel with the authority to initiate action.
• Responsible to make sure good, safe, wholesome products produced safely.
• Enforce and follow all Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Report all unsafe acts, and unsafe working conditions, to appropriate manager; assuring resolution.
Experience, Skills, Education:
• Preferably, possess a four-year degree – Business Management, Engineering, Food Science or related field
- 3-5 Years’ Experience Required, preferable in a food manufacturing enviroment
• Process Management Experience Preferred
• Experience in Lean, Six Sigma, & Root Cause Analysis Preferred
• Ability to work and communicate with upper management and across departments to achieve cost savings deliverables through engaging and empowering others.
• Empower employees to drive results in obtaining maximum efficiencies for personnel and production lines.
• Have an understanding and knowledge of product line capabilities – all machinery for each line, processing systems, and employee experience for various positions.
• Have experience in all aspects of product quality, including problems involving processing and finished goods.
• Possess strong computer literacy skills
• Possess strong leadership and communication skills.
• Ability to lead/coach plant in Continuous Improvement activities and functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.