August 12, 2019
Share/print this jobapply now
The Ortega food manufacturing facility in Stoughton, WI is seeking a Maintenance Planner who will be responsible for overseeing the PM activities, scheduling the day-to-day maintenance, repair, or replacement of plant equipment to ensure manufacturing efficiency, quality, and safety. This position is also responsible for establishing, maintaining, and improving the maintenance planning and scheduling flow process.
- Maintain Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for managing and tracking work orders, back log, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment and make recommendations on manpower allocation, levels, and overtime needs including the deployment of contractors as needed.
- Review operation of plant equipment and systems routinely with Maintenance Supervision to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Work with Maintenance Supervision to maximize equipment reliability and availability through effective use of planned maintenance to quickly return equipment to design capability and develop effective and applicable procedures to ensure defect-free quality maintenance work.
- Work with Maintenance Supervision to develop full scope and extent of work needed, including cost and time required to conduct the relevant repair, preventive, predictive and improvement maintenance activities of the plant equipment, buildings and grounds.
- Prepare reports, collect and analyze data, and make recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related and operation-related problems.
- Initiate requisitioning process for all MRO materials and oversee storeroom to establish, maintain, improve, and optimize MRO inventory.
- Ensure that maintenance personnel understand work instructions using a procedures-based maintenance strategy and best practices.
- Generate and close work orders on a daily basis per scheduling requirements.
Experience, Skills and Education:
- Technical Degree with a minimum 2 year’s maintenance planning, scheduling, and supervisory experience.
- Proficient with MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Proficient with computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) and ability to instruct others on its operation.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to present complex topics.
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.