August 13, 2019
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: The Category Advisor will work with multiple buyers on all items within the category. Responsible for implementing Sam’s Clubs strategic initiatives in the areas of Insights, Strategy, Mod Planning and Assortment Precision in a deadline driven environment. Must be an experienced user of JDA and other planogram programs. Extreme focus on details and deadlines. A strong background in Retail Link, Madrid, Nielsen Answers on Demand, Spectra Data, Homescan and other information sources is required. Data intensive analysis of entire category will be required with daily buyer interaction at Sam’s Club.
- Reset to reset tracking of sales
- Supplier performance from previous week
- Nielsen update by segments and outlets
- e-Commerce executive summary
- Planogram update with changes/transitions
- Draw new planogram strategy for clubs
- Member reporting
- Promotional tracking report
- 3 Month Project
- Competitive/Insight Review
- e-Commerce deep dive review
- Two (2) Spice Resets – planogram update
- Assortment Precisions process during Spring/Summer months; macro space analysis; by item, by club item review
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3-5 years of Category Advisement experience at Walmart and/or Sam’s required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer and data management skills- including Microsoft Excel, JDE, Retail Link, MADRID, Nielsen, Spectra, Homescan, etc. required.
- Excellent analytic, problem solving, prioritization, & organization skills with the ability to manage multiple competing projects.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.