August 21, 2019
Trade Marketing Analyst
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: Assist in the coordination and implementation of all aspects of B & G Foods’ corporate trade planning process. Work closely with external broker community, B&G regional sales managers, brand managers, deductions and customer service personnel in order to ensure accuracy in planning, reviewing, approving and documenting all trade spending activity. Perform upfront and post analyses of promotional and consumer events (utilizing various data sources to include Nielsen and Market Track) and communicate findings and recommendations to upper management.
· Meet with Marketing Brand Managers, Trade Promotions Department and management to outline each Fiscal Year quarterly trade promotions, deal rates and dates.
· Review all trade promotions/deals entered into the flex planning system to ensure that company Sales Managers/Brokers are following all approved published rates and dates. Perform detailed reviews for all planners entered for Grocery and special classes of trade which include Foodservice, Military, Specialty and Canada/Export to ensure profitable financial impacts to the organization.
· Ensure that all trade planners entered by the Sales Managers and/or Brokers are consistently following company policies and outlined Trade Promotion guidelines.
· Provide strategic direction to all Regional Sales Managers and Brokers regarding all trade promotions that are not profitable or are submitted incorrectly.
· Maintain all systems (AFS Trade System, Market Track, Nielsen, etc.) with current information such as entering most current Cost of Goods, quarterly brand templates and all new product planners into the AFS Trade system.
· Work with Customer Service, Deductions and Regional Sales Managers/Brokers to resolve all order and/or deduction issues in AFS system.
· Generate multiple internal reports for the entire Sales team and management to include Brio Sales, Profitability Reports, Quarterly Quotas, Nielsen, Spin Reports, etc...).
· Extract and analyze syndicated research using Nielsen information and new TPRO system, along with internal data (i.e., Sales data, marketing support, trade deals, etc…) in order to analyze and evaluate effectiveness/profitability of approved trade programs.
· Perform any individual or team ad-hoc analyses for any customer, brand, product or trade proposals of interest that may be requested by the Director of Trade Marketing, Sales or upper management.
· Work with the Trade Promotions Department to consistently think of “Continuous Improvements” to the AFS Trade Planning system to enhance our methods of review and to decrease trade spending while increasing the company’s overall profitability.
· Review and approve all Trade Promotions submitted within the AFS Trade Planning system that reflect spend levels within our established guidelines.
Experience, Skills, Education:
· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· A minimum or 2 years of overall experience required, CPG experience preferred.
· Expert level experience in Microsoft Office Suite, and Brio required.
· Nielsen/IRI data experience required.
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills needed.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and multi-task.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels in other departments (i.e., Sales, Marketing, etc…).
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see