August 01, 2019
QA Line Inspector
Share/print this jobapply now
Job Description: Quality Assurance Line Inspector
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: The primary purpose of this position is to monitor all critical control points of the Production Line to ensure product meets specifications.
• Inspect and record measurements at critical control points of production line and inform supervisors of any problems.
• Observe general quality of plant operations, looking for problems and breakdowns as they arise and notifying supervisors.
• Collect and inspect samples of raw materials to be used in that day’s production.
• Inspect and record plant equipment control points and notify proper personnel if specifications are not met.
• Manual entry and calculation of statistical information as a back-up procedure to current computerized methodology.
• Responsible to ensure food safety in all aspects and if necessary to report food safety problems out of his/her realm of responsibility to personnel with the authority to initiate action
• HACCP Team Member
• React to and follow-up on critical areas of concern based on specific customer requirements, and/or specifications.
Experience, Education, Skills:
• Experience in a food processing environment
• QA and/or Food Technology background
• Knowledge of production processes and procedures
• Knowledge of lab techniques
• High School Diploma
• Ability to cross-train in other areas of QC as required.
• HACCP/PCQI Knowledge
• Experience with FDA, USDA and other government regulations
• Have the desired competencies to carry out those functions affecting product legality and safety
• Possess excellent written communication, and present numerical data effectively
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.), ERP System
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see